Monday, May 3, 2010

Just Journeying with Jesus

Sad as it is I am starting this blog because it is 1:30 AM, I can't sleep and I would like to do something more productive than watching TV and less intellectual than reading. (Truth be told, I have had intentions of blogging for awhile and am just now getting around to it).

Why do people blog? I love to keep journals and create photo albums or scrapbooks. When I look back over a year and consider how I spent my time, I feel better knowing there is concrete evidence that I was alive and well and had experiences and emotions significant enough to write about or take pictures of. Or sometimes it's just fun to relive an experience and cry or laugh all over again. What movie was it that said something about the human desire to have a witness to our lives? Maybe that's why we blog...as a way to create a witness to our lives.

Recently I have learned that Jesus is the witness to my life. He sees everything, knows everything and always loves me and is always proud. What better spectator is there? Except He doesn't just spectate like a fan in a sports stadium; He is actively involved and invested. He knows the very number of hairs on my head! (Luke 12:7) When you are that deeply invested in someone, you follow through on who that person is and what they are doing. Because of this great love, I can walk out of my door each morning with my head held high because I know something: He loves me. HE loves me!!! The knowledge of that one simple truth is enough to transform my life and the lives of others around me. Enough to make each day purposeful and fraught with meaning. I am in the lifelong process of grasping the depth and power of this truth.

He notices me and He sees me; and that is witness enough for me. So, here's to the journey and the musings along the way!

No comments: